Mystics are the masters of lost arts that manipulate the blind forces of nature and the power of ancient gods. They wield magical spells fashioned by great mages and powerful priests who lived and died centuries ago. Many in the modern world don’t believe that Mystics even exist, and those few who do believe often fear them, even if those Mystics fight on the side of justice and peace. Mystical power defies logic, reason, and science and therefore is not just frightening for what it can do but for its ability to sweep aside the entire modern world with a gesture and a puff of smoke.
Sample Character: Cyrus Samedi
Hit Die: d4
Power Die: d12
Skill Points at 1st Level: (3 + Intelligence per level) x 4
Skill Point per Level: 3 + Intelligence modifier
Class Skills: Craft (Int) (visual art, writing), Knowledge (Int), Fly (Dex), Linguistics (Wis), Preception (Wis), Research (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Use Device (Wis).
|Level||Base Attack||Fort||Ref||Will||Def||Rep||Class Features|
|1||+0||+0||+0||+2||+0||+0||Brawl, Spellcasting,Starting Spells, 0th and 1st-Level Spells, Summon Familiar|
|6||+3||+2||+2||+5||+2||+1||Spell Defence +1|
|12||+6/+1||+4||+4||+8||+4||+2||Spell Defence +2|
|18||+9/+4||+6||+6||+11||+6||+4||Spell Defence +3|
Barred from Powers: Mystics cannot buy any powers, including traits and items.
Spellcasting (PL): Mystics get the Mystic Spellcasting base power at character creation.
Spell Lists: The Mystic Spells lists are in Chapter 6: F/X.
Starting Spells (PL): At level 1, Mystics know all 0-level spells (Cantrips and Orisons) and a number of spells equal to their Wisdom modifier + 6. At each subsequent Mystic level, they automatically learn or research a number of new spells equal to their Wisdom modifier. If they find spell books or scrolls, they can attempt to learn those spells in the conventional manner.
Spell Access:(PL): At odd-numbered levels, Mystics gain access to new and more powerful spell levels as detailed in their spell lists (see Mystic Spells in Chapter 6: F/X).
Summon Familiar (PL): At level 1, Mystics can summon a familiar according to the rules laid out for Wizards/Sorcerers.
Bonus Feats: At level 2, 8, 14, and 19. Feat groups: General, Mystical, Save.
Special Ability (PL): At levels 4, 10, 16, and 20, Mystics an take one of the abilities listed below. They can take each ability only once, unless its text says otherwise. Unlike Class Features, Special Abilities that replicate feats require prerequisites, just like a normal feat.
- Mystic Channelling: In exchange for increasing the casting time of a spell, reduce the PP cost by 2. A spell with a casting time of swift becomes a move action, a move action becomes a standard action, standard becomes full-round, full-round spells require one complete round plus a swift action, and then the cycle starts again. Increased casting time for metamagic feats apply before Mystic Channelling increases.
- Mystic Defence: +1 bonus to Fortitude and Reflex. You can take this special ability twice. Its effects stack. This is a Super effect with a mystic Origin.
- Mystic Knowledge: Gain 2 spells of any level that you can cast. You can take this special ability multiple times. Its effects stack.
- Mystic Power: You permanently gain a number of PPs equal to 2 + Wisdom modifier. You can take this special ability multiple times. Its effects stack.
- Mystic Will: +2 bonus to your Will save. This bonus stacks with any and all other bonuses to Will. This is a Super effect with a mystic Origin.
- School Concentration: Pick one arcane school or divine domain. With that school or domain, your targets’ save DCs increase by +1. You can take this special ability multiple times. Its effects stack.
Spell Defence (PL): At level 6, Mystics receive a +1 bonus to resist or break free of mystical effects. This potentially includes saving throws, skill checks, grapple checks, etc. At level 6, this bonus increases to +2, and at level 18 it increases to +3. This is a Super effect with a mystic Origin.
Multi-Classing: If you multi-class into Mystic, you receive all Cantrips/Orisons and a number of spells equal to your Wisdom modifier +6, just like a starting Mystic.